The Cabinet II Project – Editions
The Cabinet II Project is an ambitious project that includes five CD recordings (mostly featuring world premiere recordings with 1717. Memories of a journey to Italy being the first CD), editions of unpublished scores, audio, videos and articles that accompany the discovery of a mostly forgotten repertoire contained in the private collection of Pisendel in the Dresden archive, known as Cabinet II.
1717. Memories of a Journey to Italy
Scores [in preparation]
- Antonio Lucio Vivaldi. Suonata à Solo fatto per Maestro Pisendel Del Vivaldi (Sonata in G Major, RV 25)
- Tomaso Albinoni. Sonata a Violino solo di me Tomaso Albinoni Composta p il Sig: Pisendel (Sonata in Bb Major, TalAl So32)
- Giuseppe Maria Fanfani. Solo Violino e Basso (Sonata in D Major)
- Antonio Montanari. Sonata del Sig.r Ant. Montanari (Sonata in E Minor Mus.2767-R-2)
- Giuseppe Valentini. La Montanari. Sonata per Camera a Violino solo, Dedicato al merito impareggiabile del Sig:re Antonio Montanari insigne Sonatore di Violino, Da un suo divoto servo ammiratore della sua virtù. (Sonata in A Major Mus.2387-R-5)
- Johann Georg Pisendel/Antonio Montanari. Solo Violino e Basso (Sonata in E Major Mus.2421-R-18)
Other editions from The Cabinet II Project
In addition to the editions of the music contained in the recordings we will be publishing critical editions of other interesting music contained in the Pisendel collection.
The earliest known work of Antonio Lucio Vivaldi.
Sonata containing a variant of the slow movement of the concerto RV 205 and many other concordances with other vivaldian works, included in the RISM under the name of Vivaldi in 2016
Concerto for violin and strings in D major RV 205.
Concerto for violin and strings in A major RV 340.
Recently discovered work by Martino Bitti.