Sonata VII[Violin sonata for violin and continuo in D minor No. 7 Op. 5]
Sonate a violino e violone o cimbalo […] Opera Quinta
Preludii Allemande | Correnti Ghige Sarabande | Gavotte e Follia
Ed. Javier Lupiáñez
Corelli’s sonatas quickly became one of the pillars of the 18th century music. These sonatas are an important source to understand the performance of this music during the Baroque, especially by the sources of the time related to them.
Among these sources, those included in this edition stand out, which undoubtedly will help anyone who wants to study such fundamental aspects of performance as performing bass or ornamentation.
- Table of contents and notes
- Transcription from the first edition (Rome, 1700) in two versions: original transcription and a version including an extra empty staff for the performer’s ornaments.
- Transcription of the basso continuo realization by Antonio Tonelli.
- Transcription of the decorations from several sources [All including the original version of the sonata – violin and basso]:
- Manchester Ms.
- Anonymous Walsh 1700
- Matthew Dubourg
- Michael Christian Festing
- William McGibbon
- Giuseppe Tartini